Monday, July 7, 2008

i got nothin'

obviously i have been uninspired this week. that's not to say we've been loafing. would you believe we spent almost the whole day at the beach on saturday? and by the whole day, of course, i mean two hours. the rest of the time was spent in a hotel room while Little napped. the occasion is worth a post of its own: bim's sister and family (+ niece charlsie and neph jayson) surprised us with a visit this week. they've been hitting the beach and disneyland pretty hard, pausing only to sleep and clean my house (seriously. so cool).

i haven't seen the camera since the beach...but will try to post some pics soon. because why? because without pictures, why do anything fun at all? i am not about to exert myself without credit.

oh, here's a nugget: Little locked herself in the bathroom today. i don't think it was in protest of anything. when i got the double screen off the window and pried it open, she looked at me cheerfully from her post next to the sink. washing her hands, of course. and with the water turned on low like a good resource-conservationist-daughter-ofanOregonian.

oop - husband tells me my water's boiling. can't keep that cup'o'noodles waiting...

(and on that thread, more to come on the pregnancy feeding situation, which i like to call the "DON'T LOOK BACK" diet. our motto: "spare no msg.")

3 comments:

dana said...

Ramen noodles was my dinner of choice MANY nights while pregnant. Maybe you're on to something...the msg?...

Jana Brookes said...

It looks like maybe you found the camera. Little looks so happy and at home on the beach. I miss the beach! Makes me want to go back to Cali!
I hope you are feeling better soon! I craved chicken noodle soup, or just plain chicken broth when I was pregnant with Autumn. So I guess we are sort of along the same lines!

Sharon said...

YES are right msg... I remember really craving split pea soup. I could even smell the "salty" ness of it before I opened the can!
What a great family to help clean!