Friday, November 21, 2008

the adventures of snot sucker & beans

Little walked into the room calmly, just as i was wrapping up a call with a client, and said, "stuck."

so now i have an addition to my job description: suck beans from child's nose through straw.

thanks, grandma natalie, for providing the halloween straw. it was appropriately spooky and just the right size for extracting a dry pinto bean.

this has been the first entry in my new "joys of the morning" series. stay tuned for more harrowing accounts of the escapades of Snot Sucker and Beans.

6 comments:

miss kitti said...

Ohmygosh! Somehow we missed the everything-up-the-nose-phase. Sorry but I totally laughed. I hope Little wasn't traumatized (or you).

I look forward to more installments of 'joy'.

Meg said...

LOL! I keep waiting for Lyza to do something like that, it makes me so nervous. You are so clever, I never would have thought to suck it out!

Nicea said...

Oh, that's too funny! Not only is Little a mommy handler but she's also a master of understatement!

Shawn said...

I didn't think to suck it out with a straw when this happened to a little boy I was babysitting years ago. I called his dad who came home from vet school and got it out--can't remember how--probably just like you.

Good goin'

annie said...

never fear...sherry carpet is here!

Jana Brookes said...

Oh Little, how funny you are! I would have probably tried to grab it out with my fingers and end up pushing it up further. How busy she keeps her mother.