Tuesday, November 11, 2008

kind of blue

kind of sparkly

kind of sassy

kind of stripey (election day!)

kind of cozy

kind of sleepy

Little wakes up at least once every night looking for her "sassy" (pacifier). and since i am having increasing trouble leaning over her crib with my huuuuge belly, i was actually grateful last night when she refused to go back to sleep unless i took her into the living room and slept with her on the couch. feeling her little hands explore my face in the night (to make sure i was still there?) and catching sweet whiffs of her blankie--which, i am not kidding you, smells exactly like my childhood blankie--are seriously the very reasons i became a mother.

12 comments:

dana said...

Aww. That was a sweet little post.

Nicea said...

"...her little hands..." So, so sweet. These pictures are precious.

I like the stripey socks, too. I think if you clicked your heels together, you could go to Oz.

richard dandelion said...

Kind of the best post I've read in a long time!

annie said...

kind of love it.

Paiger said...

To say it the way it is felt, a gift to be desired. Thank you for always capturing in words the way the most sacred things in life are experienced. I always want to say, "that's it! me too!" Me too.

Cheryloxx said...

You give me hope that this new baby thing gets better. Mmmm...baby blues anyone???

Michele said...

The smell I love the most is my baby's breath - it is the sweetest smell in the world and I want to eat him up everytime.

Sherry Carpet said...

paiger -- so nice of you to drop by! i miss you. loved the good news about eddie on your last post.

michele -- i know! i just feel bad ally has to smell my breath when i get up close to her.

cheryl -- it DOES get better. 80% of women get baby blues to some extent and it can last several weeks. keep an eye on it, though, and email me in a month if you're still feeling blue. (or sooner if you just want to blubber on the phone a bit.)

Lola said...

kind of amazing.

is that picture in the mirror ally or a missing palin child?

Meg said...

Too sweet. Elyza is finally going to bed on her own without having to have me right there with a fistful of my hair in her hands. Heaven. She has become a bit more cuddly since and now I get hugs and kisses all the day long. Precious.

2x2momma said...

awww... seeing all those photos just makes me want to curl up in my own footsie pjs

jaymie said...

i like the something stripy.