Tuesday, February 10, 2009

funniest baby ever?

good news. Little likes Wee. and, oddly, has the same reaction as i do whenever she gets close to her: fits of giggles. i'll post a video when i have time.

she doesn't even seem to mind that i have to spend so much time holding the usurper (like the shrutes, i apparently produce very thirsty babies). i do a lot of thinking during this time. in the "Wee" hours when the rest of you people are sleeping and resting your brains, i am exercising* mine. jealous?

this is the time when i listen to my ipod, read books, and consider such mysteries of the universe as, is it still hip to be square? was it ever? (not, as i remember it, during the time when people actually knew that song. but maybe more so now. was huey some kind of prophet? is that why his band was called the news?)

*i use this term very loosely

here are some pictures so my sister doesn't hurt me. click to enlarge.


Posted by Picasa

how many times have i been told, "enjoy it! they grow so fast!"? many. and i actually thought Little grew really slowly. i was always anxious for the next stage. not so this time. i could live these days over at least a dozen times and not get bored. it's like watching a plant grow in fast-forward on the discovery channel: i can actually see her bones lengthening. her fingernails were paper and now they're wax. her skin that was translucent is opaque. her eyelids are widening. i stare and stare but i can't stop it. she is swiftly, inevitably, becoming a part of this world.


14 comments:

richard dandelion said...

I would be jealous if I were sleeping while you were awake. I'm awake, too! Perhaps we could think together some dark night.

Can't wait to see you. These pictures make the wait even harder. Tell Ally her Uncle Richard can't wait to chase her all around the house.

Janae said...

she is adorable! And while you are up and I probably up peeing.

Natalie said...

Oh......I want to come back! I miss that petal soft skin sighing against my cheek and trying to suck my neck! And...of course I miss playing in the princess tent! Beautiful post ... pictures and words.

Meg said...

Presh. Thank you for this. I thought I might die of lack of pictures too. I'm so glad Ally loves her little sister! Of course she does, Wee is a real live baby doll that she can play with all the time. No jealousy here though, I am loving my sleep more and more lately as I get more and more of it since Lyza is sleeping better. Though I am jealous of your extra reading time, I would love more of that. Keep posting pics, we never tire of them!!

Shawn said...

I, as great aunt, thank you for wonderful pictures also. A purchase has been made and will be on its way sooner or later...hopefully sooner. :)

P.S. Guess who Duncan interviewed with the other day? Tim Halverson! He didn't know Tim and I knew each other until I told him later. Fun, huh?

Cheryloxx said...

You evidently produce BEAUTIFUL thirsty babies. Well done. I do miss those first couple of weeks with Max. He just exploded at 2 weeks into this gargantuan baby and he hasn't stopped since. :o)

Congrats!

C

Sarah said...

oh the majesty of children. They are amazing. everything they do remind you of how small they used to be and how big they have gotten. It's when I look at them getting out of the bath, long legs going over then side or see them sleeping in a big bed and see how they fill it up. That's when I realize that they are not little anymore. When their world extends beyond me, I realize that I used to be the center of their universe and now I'm not. Now, not so much. But I can only hope that home is where they want to be because it is where they feel most loved and appreciated.

Nicea said...

Oh, Krista. Oh, Krista.

I have no words. Yours are beautiful.

But I can relate to the staring. I still stare.

As for the sleeping, I go to bed and pretend to sleep, but I can't seem to turn off my brain. This is not to say that I'm producing important thoughts that will save the universe and the economy. It's more like revving in neutral.

I can't wait to see you and yours this summer.

Jana Brookes said...

Where every did Wee get that beautiful pink and green blankie! It's so cute!! I love Little's crusty looks. Looks exactly like an older daughter that I know, who still loves her little sis though.
I'm glad you took some time away from the staring to do some blogging! I love the little baby feet (toes) picture! The feet are probably my favorite thing about a newborn. Also love the pic of Little ever so slightly touching baby wee with her pointer finger. What sweet sweet girls. How is Wee's hair compared to Little's at that age. Less maybe? She has so much beautiful curly hair now. Love it, and love you! Hope you are enjoying the sleepless nights. They won't last too long, I'm sure!

dana said...

pictures! yay. please post more and more.
Btw, Tom's dad and I are daytime friends now. I'm sure I'll see him at music class on Friday!

Sherry Carpet said...

i see you my sarcasm wasn't lost on you guys (re: sleepless nights). i just didn't count on so many of you being up with me at the same time! 2:00 am conference call, anyone?

dana, that's so funny. "papa" told me he's been running into you everywhere.

and RD: I CAN'T WAIT! i haven't looked forward to something so much since i don't know when.

shawn & neesh: i love my bloggin' aunties.

Sherry Carpet said...

oh, yeah, natalie: petal-soft skin...exactly! i love that. love you too - and miss you guys.

janae: almost there, girl. almost there. then you'll be amazed all over again at how much an unimpeded bladder can hold. (sorry for the overshare, but it's true.)

annie said...

sigh. just...sigh.

:)

beautiful post, cuz, and pictures.

2x2momma said...

your little starshine is too perfect for words. I can't believe how fast they grow...
;)