Thursday, December 10, 2009

the goose is getting fat


last year's glitterfest was all that i hoped it would be
{i think there are still festive particles attached to my lungs}. however, i decided to stand down this year.

by that i mean minimal materials, minimal expense. i'm not taking holiday decorating any less seriously {you're funny!}. i just thought we could do without the craft table parked in the living room all month.

a little glitter here and there, a few (4) special new ornaments, some fried chicken & waffles, a whole lot of tissue paper, and we're there. no stress, no mess. it's christmas, baby!

5 comments:

Meg said...

Ooh, I loved glitter fest last year! No one leaves this house without signs of the many glittery things Elyza owns. I love the little owl and Ally's playhouse in the tv box. And mostly I just wanna give kisses to that sad little Liv face :)

Nicea said...

This is sooo muchhhh Christmasss! Wow! Doesn't look like anyone stood down here!

And my favorite two pictures: Liv entranced by the ornament and Ally so focused with the glue bottle task.

Could I come be your little girl? I'm sure I would appreciate it more this time around than when I really was a little girl.

Jana Brookes said...

ugggghhh!! i am seriously the worstest most boringest mother evahhhhhhhhhh!! you are SO FUN!!

I love the owl.

and i love the smooching sissies or whispering!

how much more fabulous can you be!! i do not have it in me man. I DO NOT!!!

Natalie said...

I love it all! I agree with all of the above....you are the best mom ever. I could barely get my tree up! Can't wait to see you. xoxox

Sherry Carpet said...

nicea, i wish i could have known you as a little girl. you look so darling, like a little doll, in pictures. thanks to natalie i just got to see your newborn pic with proud G&G holding you between them.

as for you, jana. thank you. from one girl to another gorgeouser one.