Friday, December 18, 2009

"kids! what's the matter with kids these days?"

Little, Wee and I had the privilege of watching my nephew PJ perform in his school play today in Hollywood. his class represented the 60s in song and dance (very well). lauren threw together his costume this morning and he looked sensational.

PJ goes to school in hollywood, a stone's throw from the Kodak theatre & has a couple of famous classmates, and classmates with famous parents. fame is so weird, isn't it?

Little was oblivious to everything but the cool playground. and i mused as we walked back to our car: in 10 years, when Little is a teenager, will she appreciate that i had to steer her past Johnny Depp so that she could reach the tetherball?

11 comments:

Nicea said...

I'm so afraid I wouldn't have noticed the tetherball. And, mature as I am (chronologically speaking), I might even have been oblivious to the return of the 60's right before my eyes. (Sorry PJ, and I mean that sincerely.) Because....well...JOHNNY DEPP...swoon.

Great costume by Lauren!

When Little's teenager you'll just have to tell her, "Yep. So close, yet so very far away."

Janae said...

Johnny Depp? REALLY? There are no words.

Meg said...

No kidding. We really need to come visit so I can have a run in with Mr. Depp too.
And yes, Ally will appreciate it because she will have watched Pirates of the Carribean and fallen for Depp as so many others before her have done.

Jana Brookes said...

So funny!! PJ looks great! We watched Logan play two songs on the kazoo with the 2nd grade today. Pretty funny, then I biffed it the parking lot on some ice and drug Autumn down with me :( She cut her lip and scraped her chinny chin chin. Sounds like you had more fun runny into people like uhhhh, i don't know,
JOHNNY DEPP!!! Awesome!

Tyler and Jenica said...

Cool! Does Johnny Depp have a child that goes to PJ's school?

Sarah said...

I think I could totally be friends with Johnny. You should have challenged him to a game of tether ball. That's the way to make a friend for life!

annie said...

sooo....when's pj's next school play? i, um, might be coming to visit, um, then.

Shawn said...

Count me in for the next school play. I'm with Annie.

abbyjane said...

so does his pictured friend have famous parents?

why doesn't lo blog about this stuff???

2x2momma said...

So the Christmas play is a 60's musical? How very interesting and unoffensive, sort of.

dietcokegrrl said...

I am so behind on my blog reading.

One word for you.

Awesome.

Oh wait....one more.

Jealous.