Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sew, Sew, or Suck Yer Toe

I found a fun, easy sewing project on this blog : making play pants out of old t-shirts. What made the project extra fun was the excuse it gave me to cut up some old clothes that I couldn't stand to wear one more time. Maybe they're not the most beautiful clothes Ally has, but she can get them as dirty as she wants and I don't care. And, considering my earlier plans to build a bonfire with my old clothes, this project may even have saved our lives.

They're cuter when there's a little baby in them, but you get the idea.



The pants Ally is wearing below have a bird on the bum, but she wouldn't stand still for a photo.


7 comments:

miss kitti said...

Krista, I love this idea. Such cute clothes. Did you use a sewing machine or serger for these?

Sherry Carpet said...

Cheap-o sewing machine with a zigzag and straight stitch in lieu of serger. Bim had better hide his t-shirts, 'cause I'm on a rampage.

Nicea said...

Krista, these are so darling! Reminds me of the days when I actually made clothes for my kids. But YOU can sew up the clothes, take pictures of 'em on a little model, AND post 'em online, too! What a rampage to be on!!!

abbyjane said...

Wow, I don't sew...or craft anything...or do anything mom-like for that matter, but this sounds like something I think I would do...or at least attempt. I have a way of messing even the simplest of things. The t-shirt dress is such a great idea too. I think you should make Ally model all of her dad's t-shirts.

P.S. Don't let Auntie Neesh fool you. She never made us clothes. Or was I just too young to remember those days? Hmmm...just kidding MOM!

P.P.S. I love a mom on a rampage. There ain't nuttin' better.

2x2momma said...

These are soooo sweet- how adorable are the polkadot pants?

Nicea said...

Message to my daughter Abby: Yeah, you missed out on most of the original sewing creations until you were a little older. After the first two kids, I kinda ran outa time. But I gave you a killer birthday party every year! And I've got pictures to prove it! That's gotta be good for something, right?

richard dandelion said...

No birds on me. :-)