Saturday, June 7, 2008

pretend i didn't tell you this

i hoped to be idolized by my Little for just a few bright, delightful years, but my image has already been tarnished in a most tragical way. you be the judge, but i say this qualifies for the category of embarrassing family secrets (welcome to the inner circle of trust):

Little got her hands on my tweezers not too long ago. i just hoped she wouldn't poke them in her eye, but what actually happened was worse. before i could wrest them from her grubby little fingers, she ended all my illusions of winning any glamorous Mom pageants; that is, she started gently touching them to her chin. first here, then there... yeah, gotta get all those stubborn beard hairs out before anyone realizes i'm not all girl. i thought it was my secret, but i guess it's out there now, so you might as well hear it from me first.

my humiliation is complete.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That is too funny! our children have a way of ratting us out don't they? I had a friend from church tell me about a time when her daughter answered the phone and asked to speak with her. "Mom's in the shower," she said. The person then asked for her dad. "He's in the shower, too." And it was another friend from church. But pretend you didn't hear that.

Cheryloxx said...

Nearly every time I read a post on the Blimpire, I feel more and more awesome...here's why: if Krista has so many human qualities that are close to mine, I must be pretty darn wonderful. I really miss you Krista and our long, fun talks, even if we did only have one or two. -c

JenRocks said...

Krista - I still don't have your email address . . . I want to invite you to my blog . . . I love reading yours and remembering how brainy and sophistocated you are . . Jen - jennirec@yahoo.com

annie said...

i saw a woman on the metro a while back who apparently has never seen tweezers or wax and desperately needed a mommy to mimic! (how do you spell mimic?) but that probably doesn't make you feel any better.