Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Little's world

i wish i could get a really good picture of Little in her new nightgown--her first. when i looked at this shot it reminded me of the andrew wyeth painting (below). everything except the farmhouse. also i had remembered the wyeth field with flowers. turns out 'christina's world' is pretty sad. no wonder she fell down.

(little-known fact: the model for 'christina's world' is actually sucking on a pacifier. you just can't tell because her head is turned.)


christina's world, 1948

addendum: people have been asking me if Little understands that a new baby is coming and i always say, *snort* no. (not that she isn't smart, but, you know, she's 1.) then yesterday she climbed up on my lap, lifted up my shirt to kiss and hug my tummy and said, hi, baby!

add that to my what-the-heck-do-i-know? file.

5 comments:

Meg said...

That is darling. I can't wait to get these girls back together; oh the things they will have to talk about. We have our summer picture of Allykins on the fridge and everyone that comes over comments on what a beautiful girl she is, and we say, yah, we know.

Travis said...

I remember that painting from art class. I think you did a great job shooting your own version. I love that rug. Wow awesome! I wonder if Little knows if its a girl or a boy. You should ask. Paisley kept telling us Regan would be born on a Tuesday...she was right.

Jana Brookes said...

just hope that she doesn't start asking you where the baby comes from! not that she could, just yet. she's a smart one though! that's so cute that she hugs and kisses your tummy. she'll love to feel and see the baby kick pretty soon!

abbyjane said...

sometimes Max still thinks there's a baby in my tummy...and in his....

Ty and Trista Swartzlander said...

Good to hear from you Krista. I hope you are loving your new home. She is so beautiful. Her hair is so cute and curly.