Sunday, July 13, 2008

the (not) few. the (not often) proud. the pregnant.


remember when i mentioned the prego diet i am currently on...the one that forces me to eat THE ONE FOOD that comes to mind and eat it NOW? let's talk about that. some people call this a craving. i call it a manifestation from god that, somewhere in my youth or childhood, i must have done something bad.

here's the part where you understand why i call this the DON'T LOOK BACK diet:

7:00 - 10:00 am
handfuls of cheerios from box at bedside
bowl of bland cereal (NO SUGAR!) with milk
second (possibly third) bowl of said cereal
sunchips
handfuls of mighty bites
water and diet 7-up
burger king cheeseburger (PLAIN!) with fries and strawberry soda
burger king french toast sticks

we're not even to 11:00 am yet and i am already too grossed out to go on. even Little says "gross." she's got a word for everything now, it seems, and i am sorry to say that some of them are not complimentary.

other foods i'm consuming in quantity: bell peppers, ramen noodles (beef flavor), lipton chicken noodle soup (4 servings at a go), twix bars, strawberries, peppered salami on wheat, and broccoli. to drink, anything carbonated. weird, huh?

7 comments:

Shawn said...

Is it possible to have similar cravings to yours if one only looks pregnant but cannot possibly be?

2x2momma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
2x2momma said...

I know exactly what you mean! I hadn't set a toenail in McDonald's for like 7 years before I was pregnant for the first time. Suddenly I was craving McChicken Sandwiches-nasty, mayo-laden, pre-frozen patty, limp brown lettuce-a truly disgusting choice I couldn't live without. A couple days ago I begged Ian, right in the middle of a movie, to make a Jack in the Box run for me. Poor guy. He did it too. We borrow freely from EPL when we call it my No FatBurger Left Behind Diet.

richard dandelion said...

I updated my blog. Does that mean I get something commercial for Christmas????

miss kitti said...

Being pregnant means never having to say "I'm sorry". Right?

Sherry Carpet said...

shawn: how would you know, pretty princess?

melissa: lol. we need to have some lunch together soon. i'll bring the fast food.

justin: you bet, baby.

kitti: that's my new favorite!

Cheryloxx said...

Krista, you always know how to make me feel better for resembling a Macy's Day parade balloon as I pass by the reflective windows of clothing stores I'll never be able to shop in again. I'm going to have a McDonald's M&M McFlurry in your honor....mmmmm...I need that RIGHT NOW!