Tuesday, March 23, 2010

doot doo

in which Liv says "thank you," and is a right smart gal.
Wee is not much bigger today at nearly 14 months than she was at 8 months, which i appreciate. but i tend to notice what she isn't doing more than what she is.
she can't walk, but she can {barely} stand up.


she can't speak very good English, but she can repeat polysyllabic phrases. several people now have told me they could swear she just said, "thank you." i've heard her do this and i can confirm that it is so. sounds like, "doot doo."
she can't jump rope, but she can put away a whole banana in one sitting.
she can't do long division but she can make the signs for "more" and "all done," and very proudly too.
it should also be said that Liv has a promising sense of humor. she's been playing games with us since she could first grunt, and her delight at our mutual understanding is about as enthusiastic as my delight.
a few of Liv/Wee's nicknames:
  • livers
  • livermeyer
  • livermeyer lemontree
  • livermeyer sugarbeggar
  • liverlou, or lulu
  • zuskit {zeus-kit}, derived from Little's pronunciation of the word "music."

11 comments:

Janae said...

SO SO SO SO CUTE!!!! Really she is DARLING, just like her Mamma and Sister!

Jana Brookes said...

i used to compare autumn's progress to logan. seems only natural to do. but they are just too different, and that's OK! autumn was slower at everything, but she's just a great girl in her own way. love the nickname livers. i think that's what i would call her. she's such a sweetie! love that cute stripity headband! both your girls are cutie pies!

2x2momma said...

Every time I decide I'm done I take one look at your blog and say- one more time isn't going to kill me. How can I live without a sweet little livermeyer sugarbeggar?? Love the bow. Just love it. Your girls as gorgeous!!!!

Natalie said...

This Liv, by ANY name is the cutest thing EVER ! She's standing! Hooray!!!

Nicea said...

Oh my GOODNESS, she's so darling! That face!! I'm so glad you posted the photos. Doot doo.

dana said...

I love that colorful headband!

annie said...

prec-iouuuuusssss! (said in a high-pitched sing-songy voice, perhaps similar to wee's "zuskit", NOT like a certain fabled character that slithers after a ring)

richard dandelion said...

I call her Liv-ly. (Rhymes with civ'lly.)

Also, she is excellent.

Jamie said...

I think I'll call her Liverpool... Or Liverwurst, I mean Liverbest! She has a great name for making up nicknames. And I agree with everyone's comments on her adorableness.

abbyjane said...

i noticed what p didn't do as well, must be a second child thang.

abbyjane said...

by the way, i think you need to nick name her something that has "bean" in it. i look at her and i want to say bean, bean, bean, bean.