Thursday, March 25, 2010

"we few, we happy few"


{overheard recently}

"this is the best stick i ever had for my birthday. in fack, it's the only stick i ever had."

"mom, do you fink we can get a new baby? let's get hannah's baby."

"my lauren tells me i want to have candy."

"mommy, mommy, wait, wait, mommy, mom, mom, mom, mom..."

"oops, that was not my burp. that was my toot." {giggle}

"mommy, i'm sorry you made me sad. i told you not to check my fings."

"i fink i have to. but i can't. but i have to."

{current obsessions}

the best computer games ever

"my folding fing" origami

pink fluffy rabbits

anything on the boob tube. anything at all. last week she sat in her little green chair in front of the TV and watched 45 minutes of sir laurence olivier in henry v. she would have watched the whole thing if i hadn't made her go to bed.



look, a boat! look, horses!

6 comments:

Meg said...

My fave is the stick comment, though they are all fantastic. I love how much little ones pick up, and how they are able to use their new found words correctly. Cutie patooties.
Brian and I always cheer and hooray whenever Peter gives a good burp or gets out a lot of gas. So now, whenever Lyza does either, she lets us know so we can celebrate her gas as well :)
Lyza loves the orisinal games too, and is now excited to make a puppy from paper. Too fun.

Jacks said...

I love this part. Your daughter has good taste:)

richard dandelion said...

Just be careful she doesn't start associating you with Charles d'Albret.

annie said...

never a dull moment with that one, eh.

Nicea said...

Laughing audibly. "Mommy, I'm sorry you made me sad. I told you not to check my fings." And favorite stick, and burp v. toot, and Hannah's baby, and my Lauren....She's just so darnly cute articulate!

Sharon said...

Priceless pictures!!