Monday, March 29, 2010

the easter before easter

to kick off a week of chicks & bunnies, frogs and endless egg hunts,
the girls wore their easter finery to church yesterday for first easter.
no pictures of those yet, but the festivities have officially begun.

some post-equinox spring moments...

equinox, equinox. i just like using that word.

oh. turns out Liv speaks bunny.

saw this straw hat (below) in a thrift store and declared that we would be
observing the easter bonnet tradition this year.

a little mess therapy on the front lawn: little bowls of dry cornmeal and lots of spoons.
feels so good on the fingers...and the toes. and the face.

6 comments:

Meg said...

Ally looks so natural in that hat. Maybe y'all should move down here :)
Could there be a cuter little nakey bunny ever?

Jessica said...

Those curls! That bunny hat!

It's official: you guys make cute kids. Adorable, even.

Nicea said...

Spring looks so pretty down there in the down under. Your girls are lucky to have you as their momma.

A little mess therapy for everyone, please.

Shawn said...

I love your pictures! Have I said that before?! I feel like a broken record. An Easter surprise for the winner of the Mikey's birth contest will be arriving as soon as I can (once again) recover your address. It was on my old computer that died. Which means that it may or may not arrive by the "second" Easter. But it is packaged and ready to go! Let's just stretch out Easter as long as we can, shall we?

Nicea said...

I second what Shawn said about your photos, but I don't want to sound like a broken record either. And your girls couldn't be more darling subjects. Okay, I'm done. Maybe.

Jana Brookes said...

Dang. Shawn and Neesh never say my photographs are beautiful and lovely. I must suck at taking pics. You and Lauren are fabulous and wonderful at it. Seriously, did you take a class or something?! Can you please teach me how to use my camera?
How long did it take for the blue egg to break? I think we broke 2-3 tonight making ours. Fun stuff though!