Friday, April 16, 2010

a lot of moments, and a little perspective


amazing how a little change in the norm can make the ordinary, even tedious, parts of everyday life seem like a little bit of fun.

sometimes it solves a problem, and sometimes it's only the illusion of change. but even then it's good for something...if only the pleasure of novelty.

this is why i rearrange my furniture so often. i'm a believer in new ways of looking at the same view.

i'm also a believer in the joy of fishsticks.

"look, mom, i'm a rainbow!"

as i write this, Little is charging through the house powered by hysterical joy. the reason? she's totally nude and it doesn't look like i'm going to do anything about it. and i'm not.

also, heart is singing, and it's pretty loud. maybe that has something to do with it?


in other news, Lulu Biscuits has started her own blog, and is licensed to drive.

she wishes.

6 comments:

Meg said...

I love Ally's shirt in the jeans pic! Did you make it? And Ally's frufru dress??

Nicea said...

So very, very entertaining, you and your girls. I just can't get enough! Would you tell me I need to get a life if I tell you that I check every day (twice on some, more on others) to see if you've posted again? No pressure, but I luuuuuuv your posts.

Jana Brookes said...

Love Ally's rainbow pose, and shirt/dress!! So cute.
I think Liv will be a dolphin trainer some day. Unless she's too busy blogging and driving!! And her eating those fish sticks so happily might not go over to well with the dolphins.

Sherry Carpet said...

@megara: i did make the apron/pinafore, but ally doesn't like it much. i had to bribe her to try it on and i don't think she's going to go for it again. oh, well. serves me for not making it purple.

@neesh: i am missing your blog! new post, please!

@jana: your comments make me laugh every time. i miss you, miss you, miss you.

Shawn said...

I love that little fish stick lying on the big fish stick. And all the rest.

WV=dinesti: You're building a little (and wee) dinesti right there in Pasadena.

Grady Tripp said...

She's not bloggin' mom. She was just helping me with the new Endoscopy interface. Didn't ya know?