Wednesday, June 30, 2010

southern utah is gorges

our trip wasn't all tears and sorrow. it was mostly sun, water, food and laughter.

bim's sister & family stayed in our "richardson motel 6" when they came to Disneyland earlier this year. in exchange, they offered us the taj mahal, in form of a 3-story cabin in Brian Head, Utah. not a fair trade, you will agree. we really got the better end of that stick.


Little made friends with "trek" here. not sure what inspired her to give him that name:

another thing i hadn't given proper consideration: the lack of guard rails at the cliffs' edges, and Little's need to run after being cooped up in the car. {!!!} we didn't stay long.
even so, i'll have to add that nightmare to the others that wake me up at night.
.

all in all, an excellent time.

4 comments:

Meg said...

People wonder why I am so crazy about keeping my children safe, but it's the dreams, they are what fuel the craziness. I am ok with it though, at least the crazy will keep them safe. :)
*I love the first pic of Ally and all the animals lined up. I would love to know what was going through her head right then!

Nicea said...

Looking at your pics of Little and Wee near cliff's edge brought back the terror I felt when we were there with our family, all of whom were much older. Oh, my goodness! The nightmares about such things are certainly part of the stuff that binds us moms together. I wanted everyone to stand in the very middle and hold onto each other. And I'd have been much more comfortable if they'd have all flopped onto their stomachs and inched their way to the edge. Shudder. Oooo. Shudder again.

Glad you had more fun than tears. Looks like some fun times on the water, too.

Shawn said...

Oh, you visited some of my favorite places! Loren scared the daylights out of me atop Angel's Landing at Zion's. And he was about 7 years old. He was trying to scare me and it worked. I could hardly enjoy the views!

Jana Brookes said...

So what the heck? In Utah, but not up to see me?? Uhhhh!!! Okay, I guess you were in southern, so I'll forgive you this time. Can't wait to see you when you make up further north sometime!! love ya!