Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"sometimes i feel like i ain't never been nothin' but tired"

- patty griffin
but we keep on truckin' in spite of ourselves! we remind ourselves with deep gratitude that we are not on a presidential campaign. nor are we our hubs, who has worked every waking hour for these many months and is now on a business trip that promises a little less sleep and still more work. you go get that deposition, bim! slap it in the face. yeah.

i am singing a new song this trimester. it's all about not being sick, and there are lots of trills and flourishes. but you will no doubt recognize a recurrent theme in the chorus: i am tired, so very tired.

a few tidbits:

:: today i found the biggest live cockroach i have ever seen (counting all of my new york, LA and miami apartments). in my laundry basket. SHUT UP, it was in a CLEAN room! please don't assume that my lack of enthusiasm for housework has been leaked to the bug community. i think it scurried in last night when bim kept opening the front door, waiting for a package to be delivered. you can believe it scurried back out again when i found it. Little was beyond delighted. because what's better than a bug? a GIANT bug.

:: i refuse to eat any food flavored with garlic until further notice. (or to kiss anyone who has chosen *so unwisely* to eat said food.) i will, on the other hand, rush to eat an entire pot of white rice mixed with cream of chicken soup (WHAT?) and sour cream (SHUT UP!) and canned chicken (oh, sweet mother) and canned pineapple (i. could. be. dead.). i am not a proud woman, but come on. stand back with me and give pregnancy the awe and wonder it deserves.

:: and now, some pictures. this is the chapter...

in which we 'spect stuff;

in which we play favorites;

in which we ride a runaway train;

in which we jump aboard a stage coach goin' nowhere;

in which we scale the pyramids of egypt. except we're really in simi valley at an animal farm;

in which we lose our pants and pan for gold;

in which we find our pants just in time to tame a wild bronco;


and in which (inadequately supervised) we see what will fit inside of what else.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh Krista, this is the best post ever! We laughed and laughed and are definitely going to frame the picture of Als in the dryer. Will promise to watch for soup, canned chicken and rice on sale to send until the next craving hits. (hope it's not GiANT bugs!)

Jana Brookes said...

So adventurous. I think she has done more stuff than me in my whole life. Probably about 50 gazillion X's more.
Where are all these fun place to go to. We seriously need to get out of payson!
Some days they are just bound to end up in the dryer! I have those inadequate supervision times also, and I'm not even prego, but yes, always always and forever tired!

Meg said...

I HATE bugs, especially roaches! I feel your icky squirmy yucky about them, though Elyza, as well as Als, would love nothing more than to play with bugs and spiders and ants all the day long!

Sharon said...

Did you do a little trim on your hair?? Very cute!

Sherry Carpet said...

a big trim, but i haven't quite got the hang of styling it. it sure feels good in the heat, though!

Cheryloxx said...

I too hate garlic until further notice. I love being in whatever club you're in.

annie said...

oh sherry carpet, i love you! i laughed so hard at this post. i'm tired all the time, too...and i have neither hubs nor kids. huh. maybe its genetic? also, ally is SO expressive! i love seeing all the pictures of her!

Nicea said...

Your posts are sooo fun to read. I just love to laugh right out loud.

Nicea said...

P.S. This tiredness thing has GOT to be genetic! I think I've been tired since I was twelve. As for the garlic, when I was pregnant with Alex, Fred and I would come home together after school and work at USC in L.A., and as soon as I stepped on the elevator, I had to hold my breath because of the garlic smell in it. We'd race out the door as soon as it opened, run like crazy down the hallway to our apartment and Fred would unlock the door just in time for me to burst through it and gasp for air! Luckily we were only on the third floor---or maybe the second. I can't remember.