Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cute Sayings and Doings

Ever since Little started talking, I have been meaning to compile a list of cute things she has said and done. I decided to compile them in blog posts and drafted the following in March (2009), but never posted it. I am finally getting around to it, but some of the info is now out of date (e.g., she has learned to say her "L"s; and instead of the strings on oranges, she now calls almost any vegetable or nut that she doesn't want to eat "beans." If she eats my cereal with nuts, she'll make it clear she doesn't want any "beans" in her cereal, "No beans!")

Little:

We have a gas burning fireplace with some fake logs. One day, Little pointed to the logs and called them "Fire Poop!"

Little loves to eat oranges, but is always careful to make sure there are not white strings on the slices before she will eat them, sometimes she calls the strings "beans" and tells me "no beans" before she will eat the orange slice.

When Little is running around playing with friends she often calls them "Guys" (as in, "C'mon Guys!" or "Hey Guys!") or "Every-body" ("C'mon Everybody" or "Everybody run in circles" or "Everybody clap-a-hands"). The other day she said "C'mon Every-guys."

Little's favorite game as a young two year old appears to be running in circles and will try to enlist everyone in the room into running in circles with her, "C'mon Everybody" "Everybody run in circles."

When Little was around one and she would get frustrated, she would lash out with her hands to hit something. She got a few stern rebukes for hitting her Mom in the face and soon stopped hitting other people. She switched so that when she would get frustrated or angry she would hit her own face and then she would give you a very serious look to let you know she meant business.

Little has a bit of trouble pronouncing her "L"s and they often come out sounding like "Y"s. But it melts my heart to hear her say, "I Yuv You Daddy."

Little also "Yuvs" juice. It is really cute to see her make the sign language sign for juice with her little finger swinging in the shape of a "J." She calls cranberry juice "cram-uh-na juice."

Around the time Little turned two, she became one of the youngest backseat drivers. I was driving around a curve in the road and got a little distracted. Because I was distracted the car was not turning as tightly as it should have, when I noticed, I over corrected jerking the car back into its lane. This startled Little, who exclaimed in a very serious voice, "Whoa, Daddy! Careful drive car!"

Little loves to do both jobs in many of the games we play with her. Sometimes she'll ride on my back, or hold onto the waist of my pants and put her feet on my calves as I crawl around. She calls this "ride Daddy's horsey." When she is done riding Daddy's horsey, she almost always wants Daddy to "ride Little's horsey." She will crawl around while I walk on my knees pretending to ride on her back. Sometimes she'll run to me and want me to lift her up and swing her around. She calls this "run for Daddy." Then she'll want me to run to her and she'll grab the sides of my legs and try to swing me. She call this "run for Little."

Pictures of Little from February 2009:

Picture of Little from January 2009:{watching the inauguration}

1 comment:

Jana Brookes said...

Funny stuff! It's so great that you are writing them down. You think you won't forget, but trust me, everyone does!!