Saturday, August 22, 2009

More Cute Things From Little

(bim blogs! woo hoo! -krista) and now, the paternal perspective (or, if you will, peepee):

Little is so much fun right now and says so many cute things. I am sure I am forgetting many, so I need to write these down before I forget any more.

Little:

Earlier this week, I was using my laptop at the table. Ally was sitting on my lap and pointed at the touchpad and said "can I do this?" I said she could, and she started moving her finger on the touchpad and watching the white arrow move around the screen. Then she started repeating as she moved the white arrow, "I'm gonna buy this. I'm gonna buy this. I'm gonna buy this." It makes me wonder what her mom does while I'm at work? At one point the white arrow moved into the long blue bar at the bottom of the screen (where all the open programs show up) and said, "Oops, it fell in the water!"

A couple of weeks ago, I heard Little wake up and went into her room. She got up and I suggested we say a morning prayer together. She said it and prayed for doughnuts. (We often go out together for doughnuts on saturday mornings, but I think her grandfather on her mother's side first got her interested in doughnut runs.)

Another time Little was saying a prayer on the food and was kind of mumbling along, then said, "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Amen."

Little doesn't usually want to go to bed at bedtime, and a month or two ago she prayed in her night prayer, "Hemmena Father, gaint du (thank you) mommy, daddy, baby sister. I don't want to go nigh nigh. Christ Amen." She may have said a little bit more, but what I remember most is her praying that she didn't want to go nigh nigh. Her mom and I talked about how it might be an opportunity to show her the power of prayer and let her stay up, but she really is much happier and feels better the next day when she gets a full night's sleep. So we still made her go to bed. But it helped me understand a little better why God doesn't always give us exactly what we pray for, while God wants to give us what we ask for (like I wanted to let Ally stay up because she prayed for it), sometimes he knows that something else is even better for us (even though I want to give Ally most of what she asks for, I want even more for her to be healthy and happier longer and not to have things that are harmful to her).

Little usually refers to her body in the plural, e.g. "can you help me put my shirt on my bodies."

5 comments:

Jacks said...

More than anything, it does my heart good to see such a fabulous example of sharing... I shall pass that along to Clin. You can share space, and words - you two rock.

And Little is funny.

Steve and Sylvia Bushman Family said...

I love that you are keeping the tradition of keeping track of funny sayings! Nick and I are reading and laughing! How much funner now that we have got to know the kids more....how much more touching and interesting and funny! We can totally picture Ally/Little saying and doing these things! What a girl!

We love Krista's blog so much and her interesting way of writing and the cutest photos to match! I am almost crying it is so lovely! And because I feel close to those cutest kids now!!!

Shawn said...

I wonder if the supercalifragilistic... prayer might have had something to do with Grandma Ceri. I vaguely remember some story about that. I love "Hemmena Father" the best.

dana said...

These are the cutest posts! I'm so glad you guys wrote that stuff down. I feel like I know Ally even better now!

Nicea said...

Yay, Bim! Way to keep a record of the funny stuff! My fav: "Ooops, it fell in the water." LOVE IT!!!

Shawn: The prayer incident I remember about Ally's Grandma Ceri was when we lived in Warm Springs. We all used to kneel down to say our nighttime prayers around one of our beds, and Mom or Dad would kneel with us. When it was Ceri's turn, she started her prayer in the usual way and said a few things, then there was a really long pause. We were all sort of fidgeting and wondering whether she was going to say any more when all of a sudden she just started singing. I think she'd forgotten she was in the middle of her prayer. She was probably about 4 or 5 year old at the time.