Sunday, August 30, 2009

enjoyables

it's hard not to be in a good mood today. BECAUSE LAUREN CLEANED MY WHOLE HOUSE. on friday i woke up bleary and weary, with that killer "just-hold-it-together-till-noon-and-lauren-will-be-here" attitude that makes me such a winning companion in the morning.

and she did come and she did make it all better.

so, with my cleaning calendar cleared for the weekend, i got to do fun things, like cook & blog & enjoy my family.

i thought today i would share some of the things we're enjoying lately (youngest to biggest):

{wee}
news: wee has a new tooth (her first) and she likes feeling it with her tongue and making loud sucking noises with her lips.

fun: she likes getting on all fours and bouncing. also grabbing things with her fists and pulling hard (especially a certain head of curly hair).

{little}
books: lately she's really into the adventures of two pocket dogs named biff and buff.
songs: we've been singing the music from An American Tail, in particular, "somewhere out there," another one about there being no cats in america (sha!), and the one with the duo-it's-truo.

{krista}
food: after a long summer hiatus from cooking i finally turned on the stove this sunday and last. we've been trying some new things. i recommend this and this and these and THIS THIS THIS. we also had a tasty potato leek soup because i went buck-wild at the produce market.

inspiration: get ready for this one. are you ready? diet coke in the shower. it's the biggest discovery since reading in the loo. please take a moment to appreciate my twisted genius.

{bim}
work: all day and into the night, with small breaks saturday & sunday. doesn't sound that fun to me, but whatever.

play: no matter what game they're playing, the girls are always cackling with laughter.

6 comments:

Shawn said...

Thanks for the update. Loved it. But I might have to just trust you on the potato leek soup. However, I'm sure if you made it for me I would like it.

Sharon said...

can I just say: yum and yum and yummy and YUM YUM YUM!!!

Natalie said...

How do I get Lauren to come clean MY house!!!

Nicea said...

Natalie - I'll clean your house if you'll clean mine. Deal? (And yes, I'm working on my homework assignment. You know what I mean, Jean?)

Sherry - I can see a real need for diet coke in the shower, what with all that shampoo a-flowin' so you can't drink the water. (And here I thought those Rubbermaid shower thingys were to hold shampoos and stuff. Another "Why didn't I think of that?" moment.

Shawnie - I'm still predicting that cooking is gonna be your next big hobby. See? Krista has taken it up, albeit on a part-time basis.

Meg said...

I get Lo after Natalie! In fact, I think I have more reason to have her first :) Brian has told me about Lauren singing the Somewhere Out There song and how it drove him crazy but how everyone else thought it was so cute. I think it is cute, and would love to hear little sing it.

jaymie said...

just make sure some Rum doesn't sneaks into your coke when your not looking. that takes you from twisted genius to alcoholic real quick :)