Friday, May 1, 2009

darling buds of may

in lieu of a maypole to dance around today, i'm going for ribbons tied to the stroller handle. i do have so very many ribbons.

it's afternoon and the sky is blue. my lil' home fries are snug in their beds. if not sleeping, they are at least not making much noise.

now would you just look at this splendorous woman, all bedecked in chiffon? how did she get all those kids to follow her around? is it the carnation wand? because i could get one of those. so glam.
here are some may wishes i'm hoping for:

:: may i walk until my dogs stop barking

:: may i figure out how many different foods can be grilled

:: may i finally learn to make homemade bread

:: may i coordinate naps

:: may dell fix my computer all the way so i can review my pictures

:: may i finally get birth announcements sent out

:: may i get trader joe's to bring back their frozen pie crust

:: may we all eat many fruity pies

have any good ones to add? happy may day, my peeps.

6 comments:

Nicea said...

Lovely post.

May I exit this school year with humor and grace.

and patience.

Meg said...

Oh, no more frozen pie crust? Lame! I just made bread for the first time on Sunday and it worked! Mmmm, yummy fresh bread with homemade strawberry jam! Good luck with all your may wishes!

May we find a job and finally get to leave Happy Valley :)

May I figure out how to get Elyza to sleep longer than 8 hours a night.

May the cinnamon roles in my kitchen rise faster so I can cook them and eat them!!

Natalie said...

May I remember that two years isn't really that long.
May our kids remember that we love fruity pies and cinnamon rolls that we don't have to make ourselves.

annie said...

may i make it through the next three weeks alive

may these witness files fix themselves

may i not have to work this sunday

may i find a new job

may all sherry carpets wishes come true

merebuff said...

may i walk to work without getting an icky sweaty back

may my puberty go away and leave my skin blemish-free as it has been for years

may i find a place in Dubai that has berries so i can also eat some berry-fruit pies.

Sherry Carpet said...

merebuff, nice to hear from you from so far away!!

and may the rest of you lovelies all have your wishes too.

i'm happy to report that the pie crust is back. it was a long week without pie.