Thursday, May 7, 2009

my two livs

when i think of my wee livermeyer, i get tiny baby chills of happiness. i use words like: honeydew. marshmalla. sugarpop. butter.
her day is pretty simple:

1:: wake up when her big sister makes her grand appearance on the bed in the morning

2:: smile for an hour

3:: go back to sleep

4:: wake up, smile and coo for a couple hours

5:: repeat steps 3 and 4 until bedtime.

so you can understand my surprise when i go out for an hour or two and hubs, the seasoned parent on duty, calls me up and uses words like: hysterical. meltdown. angry. cannibal.



all i can say is, she knows where her next meal is and isn't coming from. she's like a little bloodhound, and i'm pretty sure i should get the credit for this. who taught her, if not me, that you can play nice and sniff discretely for food at the same time? she also learned from me it's okay to get all nasty up in there when it's clear there won't be anything to eat.

that's my girl.

5 comments:

Nicea said...

"play nice and sniff discreetly for food at the same time"

I don't want to be over-effusive about your blog posts lest some day you think me insincere because I keep repeating myself, but they are just so good! And they ring so true, too.

Love you.

Lola said...

i love it when you get all nasty up in there.

Meg said...

What a sweet baby! I can't believe she sleeps so much and is happy most of the time! Maybe Heavenly Father decided that since you have a "2" year old you deserved a calm baby!

Cheryloxx said...

Having an eater is both a blessing and a curse. They are so sweet it's like angels are visiting...but when they're hungry, things go dark very very fast. I'm glad to see there is a girl who can match Max hungry fit for hungry fit!

She's adorable.

C

richard dandelion said...

lola = winner.