Sunday, May 10, 2009

it's like i've always said...

hubs surprised me this morning with a beautiful heirloom rocker. he knows that i love the craftsman period of american furniture making, and he brought home this bee-utiful piece, built sometime before or just after 1900. here's what it looks like now:

here's what it probably looked like in the late 1800s:

i thought it was enough to just be the mother of my two girls. but now i get to be their mother AND have this chair. so, yeah. it's even better. i actually think i knew this chair in heaven before i was born.

(thank you, hubs. thank you, thank you.)

12 comments:

Meg said...

It looks so comfy! Nice choice Bim!

richard dandelion said...

Well played, Bim. Well played indeed.

jaymie said...

i checked in just to see if the surprise flew. guess so:)

Shawn said...

Love that chair and that style too. Good job, Bim, and Happy Mother's Day Krista.

Jessica said...

oooh, i'm not much of a rocking chair person myself, but i'm loving that one. i also love the "i love to rock" picture at the top. nice! -- jessica

Erica said...

You are one lucky mama that is one beautiful chair!!! I might have to come over and try it out sometime :)

Also, I must admit that I laughed out loud when I read your comment about knowing the chair in heaven!!

Nicea said...

Suh-weet: Bim, the chair, the girls. Happy Mother's Day.

Sherry Carpet said...

thanks, everyone, for giving hubs the props he so clearly deserves.

jaymie & scott: thanks for your part in making this happen. (this mother's day is brought to you by the taylors...)

erica: do come over and sit in it! and bring curly with you. and craft with me? you've been making some very sweet stuff.

Scott said...

Krista --

All I did was chauffer. Nice chair you got yerself there. :-) It was good to see you guys again.

Natalie said...

Wondmous chair AND hubs! That guy knows how to please his woman!! I have to admit it is MUCH nicer than the one we found for you. Can't wait to sit in it and rock those grils!

2x2momma said...

Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous chair for a beautiful new mom. Way to go Bim!

abbyjane said...

I'm glad to notice you update as much as I. Seems to happen with numero dos. But I do love the chair.