Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day Krista! Krista has been wanting me to write a blog post ever since she started this blog. Since it is Mother's day, I decided maybe I should finally contribute to the blog.


First, I want to thank Krista for being such a wonderful mother to our daughter. Little could not have hoped for a better mother. It is abundantly clear to anyone who sees them interact, that Krista is full of love for Little, and that Little feels so much joy and peace when she is in her mother's arms. I love it when Krista calls me at work and tells me what they are playing. It makes me want to drive right home and join in the fun. Amazingly, Krista meets all of Little's needs while doing her freelance writing and the majority of the housework (I need to be better about doing my share). Krista really is such a great mother and deserves all the honor of Mother's day every day.


Unfortunately, Krista and Little have been gone for the weekend, so I have not been able to spoil Krista like she deserves. Krista went to Utah to attend her cousins wedding. I am sure she will post all the fun details when she gets home. My highlights from the trip are talking to Krista and Little while they are in the car. Our car has a hands free feature where the phone call is heard through the car's speakers, so when I talk to Krista, Little can hear me too. And I can hear her babbling in the back seat and saying "Daddy." Krista told me that after I hang up, Little says, "Bye bye, Daddy." As much fun as that is, I still wish I could have gone to Utah with them.

Because I didn't go to Utah with them, I have been having a bachelor weekend. A bachelor weekend involves eating frozen pizzas (yes, pizzas), chips and salsa, burritos, cake, and ice cream. All while watching the Utah Jazz beat the Lakers and watching Predator 2 on T.V., Doctor Who, and other science fiction shows (shows that I know Krista prefers not to watch with me). Bachelor weekend also means lounging on the couch trying to stay up late watching the above-mentioned shows (Unfortunately, being married and working a real job has made me soft, and I was not even able to make it until midnight before I fell asleep). Bachelor weekend also means allowing the dishes and pizza boxes to pile up, leaving my socks on the floor, and no shower on saturday. Overall, it was a pretty good weekend. I guess I better go straighten up a bit, so Krista doesn't see the full impact of bachelor weekend on the house when she gets back.

Some things Little likes to do are:

Go up and down stairs standing up like a big person. She'll go up and down with a big smile and giggle when she gets it right. On big steps, she reaches up to hold your finger while she climbs or descends.


Play doggies by crawling around on all fours making doggy noises and, of course, getting chased by the bigger doggies (Mom and Dad).



And go hiking in the nearby canyon, or just be outside for any reason.





4 comments:

Grady Tripp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

Bim, I agree. Ally could not have asked for a better mother. Krista is amazing!! Thank you for sharing your little family with us this weekend. We missed seeing you!
PS - Ally has learned to slide down the carpeted stairs on her belly and thinks it is quite an accomplishment, clapping for herself and giggling when she gets to the bottom. Oh, she is so much fun!

B-Hal said...

Bim wrote:
"Bachelor weekend also means allowing the dishes and pizza boxes to pile up, leaving my socks on the floor, and no shower on saturday."

Bachelor weekend, I do this every week.

Rich said...

My personal recommendation for a bachelor weekend is chocolate cereal.