Thursday, May 15, 2008

'i loaf and invite my soul'

just when i think i get me, i swim out from behind one moss-covered rock and paddle like mad for another one, like some kind of common snake-neck turtle, and somewhere in open water, vulnerable and exposed, i catch a glimpse of who i really am. not what i thought at all. don't worry, this isn't going to be one of those navel gazing, self-psychoanalyzing posts. it's not a 'pity me' post, either. it's a good, old-fashioned overshare, and i just hope you're ready.

this is just to say,

yesterday, i picked a fight with hubs about FDR. yeah, franklin delano roosevelt. and it wasn't a passing irksome comment; i came out with my gloves on. eventually i had to bust it up with a dramatical, fluttery-handed, wild-eyed outburst to tell him that he couldn't hope to come out of the argument intact, much less victorious--i was going to have to win and he was not to expect any maturity or reason or leniency or...facts. because.

also, i have been forgetting a lot of things lately. more than usual. and my energy is flat out, so i loaf a lot. and, today while walking outside with Little and her friends, i peed a little. twice.

i know what you are thinking, and you could be right.

tiny brain clusters. it's okay. if they have to remove part of my head, Little can give me some of hers.

8 comments:

Lola said...

it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside when i hear about people like you fighting over ridiculous things. i do it quite a bit, in fact i would even go so far to say that i enjoy arguing and usually feel guilty, but then i hear about people like you doing it. people who i consider much higher in the maturity scale and it makes me smile. thanks for not being perfect today. and thanks for admitting you peed a little. we've all done that. well, at least i have. the end.

Travis said...

hm I really wonder if what I am thinking is right. Probably not. Love Littles hair and how cute she looks in her swimsuit!

Sherry Carpet said...

i wonder if you're right too, janae. you might be :-)

Sherry Carpet said...

lauren, this was all an elaborate ruse to get you to admit all that stuff. Sucka!!!!!!!!

miss kitti said...

Love this post.

I'm also thinking what Janae is thinking.

Sometimes I have to give Justin a warning that I don't want rational arguments to my irrational ideas.

bjarnason family said...

I love it! Let me join the bandwagon with the same thought as everyone else. I have to warn Ronny that I don't plan on playing fair sometimes as well.

richard dandelion said...

Kitti's lying. She's always logical.




Home skillet.

Jana Brookes said...

your loafing is probably my busiest day ever!! I am the queen of loafing, but I will never say I am the queen of peeing a little, you can have that if you want!! I will just say this though, i have had a 10 lb. baby and a 9 lb. baby. It doesn't get much better than that!!