Friday, May 2, 2008

things i did instead of washing the floor

has your *whole* family ever surprised you by coming to your house one day when all you had planned was to wash the floor? if not, i'm sorry. i hope it happens to you someday.

true, i did have a little more to do than wash the floor (freelancing means that you just might get bombed with a load of work at the absolute wrong time), but with a little maneuvering i was able to both finish the work and have one of the best long weekends eh-vah. first came jt & gracie (we missed you kitti!). then dad, bean and meg & their darling 'lyza. THEN my sis, and finally, eric & peej. did i mention that we have one bathroom?

i hate to do it, but i am gonna have to reduce the highlights to bullet points because they were so many. i am not even promising full sentences.

:: trekkin' in the canyon with the babes. 'lyza couldn't get enough water. Little couldn't get enough of running up the hill and back down again. lizards & tadpoles & gurgling waters & hot afternoon sun.

:: splashing in the backyard inflatable frog. again with 'lyza and the water. the slide. putting the toys in the water and taking them out again.

:: sitting, laughing & talking. grace's needlepoint.

:: the little girls in yellow spring dresses. 'lyza throwing up on hers (also all over the back pew at church).

:: the taylors taking our family pictures on sunday afternoon in the front yard.

:: disneyland!

:: dodgers game!

:: in & out burgers.

:: hunting ladybugs in the grass, watching the planes take off.






thanks, family! don't forget, you're expected back at christmas!

8 comments:

abbyjane said...

mmm...in & out burger

Jacks said...

I don't think that would ever work with my family - I'm a bit jealous (in a good way).

The picture of you with your hub and babe is bee - u - ti - ful.

richard dandelion said...

mmmmm indeed, abbyjane. mmmmmm, indeed. I think I ate there no fewer than 10 times in 5 days.

Lola said...

and perhaps you think he is exaggerating, jane palisade, but lo and behold he is not.

a moment of silence for my hero, mr. dandelion.

miss kitti said...

Thank you, thank you for posting pictures. I heard about all the fun and wanted to see it, too. Next time. Definitely, I'll be there.

Cheryloxx said...

Sheesh! Is EVERYONE in your family beautiful? -C

Jana Brookes said...

How fun!! I am jealous too!! I wish we could come surprise you, and I wish that my family would surprise me!! Sounds like you guys had a blast! Fun times, fun times!

Jaime and Ann said...

Krista,

I love your hair in the fourth picture from the top. It makes your natural beauty more noticeable than it already is. :)

Bim, your Mother's Day comments to Krista were sweet!

Sounds like you are loving it where you are.