Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hug Your Local Tree



We spent Saturday with our friends, the Taylors, hiking in Eaton Canyon. Hiking is probably too strong a verb. We meandered, waded, observed, and occasionally intervened as we followed the nonlinear progress of four little children. Scott found a tadpole, which attracted a lot of interest from nearby kids. The little ones enjoyed being hoisted into a tree, from which they jumped with great energy into their fathers' arms.



Would you believe we're less than twenty miles from downtown?


Reminds me to look up a book I've been meaning to read: Last Child in the Woods, by Richard Louv. Here is an interview with the author. I'll report more when I've actually read what he has to say.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Great post, Krista. You know we're going to ask you for the full gamut of pictures.

Cheryloxx said...

Krista,

I forgot what an effective and delightful writer you are. I'm glad you're back on the West Coast.

Cheryl