Monday, April 14, 2008

we need more short people 'round here

what is heaven but eight small, wet people running around the backyard covered in grass and bubbles, hopped up on on lemonade and smeared with cream cheese? delightsome times. my new neighbors, traci and petra, along with friends jaymie and rebecca, brought their little ones over today for a play date. we went inside, then outside, then inside, then out. many days from now i will be looking back in fond recollection...

i changed a lot of diapers that day, and i downed a lot of bagels.

there were more bubbles than you can shake a stick at. but ruby tried anyway.


little was as happy as a pig in mud, and just about as dirty. but at the end of the day, bye-bye is a hard lesson to learn.


8 comments:

Lola said...

Next time you are heartbroken and crying I'm going to whip out my camera and start taking pictures of you! Poor litta' Little.

Sherry Carpet said...

i know. what kind of a muthah?

richard dandelion said...

Love the last picture. Exactly how I feel today.

Jana Brookes said...

all I can say is what a little sweet pea. I'd hug her if I was there! She looked just a little exhausted for a hug from a strange cuz/whatever I am to her (auntie?)

Sherry Carpet said...

she did need a hug and i gave her lots of lovin'. but keep in mind that she also has this reaction when she can't reach something on the counter that she wants.

Travis said...

Love that last picture, its funny how mad they get over small things (well at least they seem like small things to us) They just want to be all grown up RIGHT NOW! Looks like you had a lot of fun.

miss kitti said...

Oh my gosh! The laying on the floor is too precious. I love it. Goodbye is still a hard one for Grace. She may even refuse to leave after their visit next week.

I love your backyard. Is Ally wearing a swim shirt? I got Grace one for this summer. I love the sun-control stuff available now. It would have saved me oh so many sunburns.

Sherry Carpet said...

i love swim shirts, too. less of that sunblock mess! but even that is easier now with the sprays and sticks, etc. little is under a pretty much constant uv shield these days, but she still gets tan. argh!