Friday, April 4, 2008

NoBe No Mo'

Hard to believe that just a week ago we were packing up in North Beach and embarking on our trip. Barking too -- it was a full moon.

On two previous trips across the county I took notes and pictures and assembled books of remembrance. Neither of which I have anymore. Taking a lesson from my failures, I decided to make an audio record of the trip and post it where it can't be lost forever. Unless of course Blogspot goes under and my computer crashes and my backup gets lost. That kind of bad luck would probably herald disasters of even larger consequence, in which case I might be more concerned about keeping all my fingers and toes instead of my keepsakes.
As soon as I figure out how to post my audio file, it'll appear on this entry, just in case you're interested in a running commentary by the Richardsons as we pass through Florida, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and finally descend into the valley of the dolls. Or the Valley Girls. Who can remember all the names for this place?
Meantime, here are is a bit of amateur photo journalism. I'll try not to go buck-wild. To see more extensive pictures of the trip, click here.


Easter egging at the Carr's home. We decorated and rolled them down the hill


Little has a mouth full of chocolate piggy that she found in her basket on Easter morning.

Grand Canyon
I drove the whole way. Ace. Bim logged most of the miles by far. Here's how it would go most days:
Me: How are you doing?
Bim: Fine.
Me: I'm totally awake. Want me to drive? I can drive.
Bim: Only if you want to.
Me: I do. I really, really do. Pull over.
Bim pulls over and we change places.
25 minutes later...
Me: My eyes are kind of tired.
Bim: Do you want me to drive again?
Me: Yeah, okay.

Playing with Crookston cousins in Albuquerque.
The End

1 comment:

Travis said...

Love all the pictures and glad you made it safely. I bet that was a long drive! Can't wait to hear more about your house and your fun adventures in LA