Sunday, April 20, 2008

news roundup

this post is alternately titled, "not everything at trader joe's is good for you."

:: i have eaten many, many dark chocolate covered caramels this day.

:: diet hansen's creamy root beer has no sugar, no caffeine, no sodium and no aspartame. and yet, it is good. i love you splenda. i hate you splenda. i love you...

:: there is a garbage can at the end of my street labeled "dog poop." to whom does this belong? i don't know.

:: the basil and chives on my window sill have made a breakthrough.

:: i have been invited to teach the 12 year-olds (the 'beehives') at church. do we think this name is silly? who cares, i got a great calling! can you even imagine what kind of sordid, back-alley life i could be living if, long ago, my mother had allowed me to wear a bikini bathing suit in my first tap dance recital performance of "it was an itsy bitsy teeny weeny, yellow polka-dot...one-piece???

:: Little announced on our hike through the canyon this evening that she would not be accepting any help from us through the rocky or steep parts of the trail. her words: "a-yee do!"

6 comments:

Man Child said...

- Mmmm reisen.

- Splenda is made from real sugar. But the sugar people say it has no chemical relationship to sugar anymore. I think sugar is just jealous that splenda is seeing other people. Also, sugar is racist.

- The can is mine.

- I prefer to grow chasil and bives.

- I wear a speedo, but I wear cut-offs under it.

- A-yee do it myself also.

- Word games I can't figure out are a conspiracy to make me feel dumb.

Mer!!

richard dandelion said...

Did you google the asterisked terms all together? (If so, maybe you are dumb.)

Psyche!

You are smarter than us all because you have refused to stoop to our level.

PS--Hilarious comment. Kudos. I salute you, sir.

Jana Brookes said...

beehives!! yeah for you. they are going to love you. maybe you can take them to the mall for an activity and buy junk and gossip?!! That would make me proud.

What other words is little saying? Autumn is pretty much stuck with the basics still-mama, dada, ba ba

figure out those word games huh halverson boys?!

miss kitti said...

I love the independence. So hard not to laugh when it flairs, at first. Later on, well, that's a different story.

Amy and David said...

Krista, I found your blog from Jana's. Your daughter is beautiful and of course your writing is fabulous. Anyway just wanted to say hi and that I am keeping up with you.--Amy

Cheryloxx said...

Reading your blog is like a little ray of silly sunshine in my otherwise dull and morning-sick day.

-C