Friday, September 12, 2008

for posterity

it's true--i have thrown away a lot of pictures of myself over the years. it's amazing that these have survived, especially since miss leo in 11th grade refused to give me a yearbook. here is a little something for future generations to remember me by. i call it, 'krista through the ages,' or, alternately, 'more of me to love.'


the 90s: i think i still have wallets of this one


the 80s: those were wild years. mm, boy


the 70s: the blush of innocence


the 60s: rockin' the hairspray


the 50s: charming!

(thanks clin, for sharing the link to one of the coolest web sites ever)

11 comments:

dana said...

AWESOME.

richard dandelion said...

Wow. You really look like Annie. (Of Kite Strings, not Hard Knocks, fame.)

I like the 1950s the best, I think. Especially your top-right-I-will-crush-you-with-my-giant-brain incarnation.

Soul sister 70s isn't bad either. You dig?

Nicea said...

Funny, Krista. I would never have thought you and Annie looked alike, but I agree, RD, some of these really look like Annie! And I have a 3rd grade picture that looks exactly like the top right 50's one.

richard dandelion said...

I guess I should thank you, then, for not crushing us with your giant brain, Nicea!

Nicea said...

You're welcome, Rick. I like that pic 'cuz it's proof that I once had one...brain, that is.

Sarah said...

I think I like the 70s best!

Cheryloxx said...

I totally tried the website and I have not had that many snorting laughs in a long time. Sean's turned out better than mine...hilarious!

Sherry Carpet said...

i only look like annie because i increased the size of my features, for to have big beautiful eyes like hers. mine are much smaller and less remarkable without photo doctoring.

annie said...

oh funny stuff. :)

Megan said...

Seriously, that is creepy. Who is that girl?!

Jana Brookes said...

funny, you should go on in some of the other years!
i love how you always have such funny stuff on your blog!